Chartway Group is a Kent-based construction and development company providing construction services to deliver improved communities and environments.
Chartway Construction employs a specialist team including land buyers, planners and sales and marketing, who work in collaboration with the experienced senior management.
Westerhill Homes is a private market brand with a single mission – to deliver quality housing development in Kent, homes that people are proud to call home.
Our Westerhill in Partnership arm specialises in contract construction to build (full or partial sale) with housing associations, investors and institutional landlords.
Covid-19 update: We are open by appointment, click here for further details.
At Chartway Group, we don’t just build houses. We aim to create new communities on behalf of clients or for our own private homes brand Westerhill Homes. Each development is assessed individually and schemes are created with enhanced landscaping, multi-use games areas, children’s play-areas, public open green spaces, boulevards, squares, and cul-de-sacs. These features are designed to encourage social interaction between neighbours and create a sense of community.
Just a few real-life examples of this are listed below:
- At Heron Fields, Great Easthall, Sittingbourne we are planting 366 trees of mixed species across the development which will become home to 327 dwellings.
- At Passmore Green, Tovil we are planting wildflower seeds in an ecology zone both to enhance the development for our new residents and to encourage wildlife to the designated area.
- At Beatty Avenue in Gillingham on a Scheme for Medway Council, we designed and built a number of bungalows, a number of which were wheelchair adapted.
- At Wild Ash Court, Sittingbourne on behalf of Amicus Horizon, on a former garage site we moved a Memorial Garden to a previous resident to a new location keeping the communal and reflective area available for past and new residents, as well as providing a Play space and outdoor exercise area and a central community space.
- At Conningbrook Lakes, Ashford we are working on an enabling project of residential homes and the creation of a countryside park for the residents of the wider area.
We work closely with the local community to encourage their feedback on our designs and what they would like to see. We include public art on a number of our schemes and make contact with local groups such as schools, scouts and artists to produce pieces which reflect the local environment or inspire those who live there.